GK Quiz on Science Set 2 –Science GK Questions and Answers for RRB NTPC, Railway & SSC Exam 2016: One more online GK online test to enhance your General Science section in exam. We have come up with our 2nd Online Practice Test on Science GK. This Online GK Quiz will help you candidates in upcoming Railway NTPC Exam, SSC CGL Exam 2016. These are the Special Science (GK) questions made for upcoming SSC CGL and Railway RRB NTPC online exam 2016.
After Railway RRB NTPC, SSC CGL is the much awaited exam, to be held this year. This is high time Practice Science GK quiz online. We are providing GK Science Quiz with a view to upcoming Railway Exam. Candidates applied for Railway Non Technical or SSC exams must go through this Railway/ SSC Science Question Practice Test. All you need to go through all these 10 questions for upcoming Railway & SSC Examination.
Science GK Quiz Set 2 – Railway, SSC Exams Questions
1. The unit to measure electric resistance is...
2. The device used to make or break an electric circuit is...
3. When an electric current passes through a solenoid, it acts as a/an...
B.) electric bell
D.) bar magnet
4. Which of the following is an essential element in an electric circuit?
B.) connecting wires
5. Which of the following acts as safety device in electric appliances?
B.) connecting wires
6. Which of the following does not use magnetic effect of electric current?
A.) electric fan
B.) electric bulb
C.) electric motor
7. The magnetic effect of the current was discovered by...
8. The strength of the magnetic field due to a solenoid can be increased by...
A.) decreasing the current strength in the solenoid
B.) increasing the number of turns in the solenoid
C.) by winding solenoid around a plastic rod
D.) all of the above
9. Which of the following is the best option while considering the safety of household electric appliances?
A.) We should use wire strip as fuses.
B.) We should use non-ISI marked MCBs
C.) We should use ISI marked MCBs
D.) We should use conductors with high melting point in fuses.
10. Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) are considered better than ordinary electric bulbs because?
A.) CFLs reduce wastage
B.) CFLs can be fixed in the ordinary bulb holders.
C.) both (a) and (b)
D.) none of the above